A well-installed, beautiful bathroom improves the look, value and comfort factor of your property. With proper research and some forethought, you can not only save money but also get your dream shower with ease.
What’s more, when you’re ready to resell your home to potential buyers, they’ll love that you implemented some extraordinary and creative bathroom remodel ideas.
Once you make the commitment to remodel your bathroom, you need to know how much of an investment you require for this home renovation.
An estimate helps you organize your home improvement project and effectively manage milestones and costs
Acquiring a free estimate for your bathroom remodeling will help you create a realistic budget – getting you quality work at a fair price. It’s also the best way to ensure that you don’t stumble across any unwelcome surprises during the execution of your project.
How does Kukun’s bathroom remodel cost estimator help you?
Getting an estimate through Kukun’s bathroom remodel cost estimator is simple. Just follow the steps below to get your personalized total remodel cost in minutes!
1. Select the type of remodel you would like to do for your bathroom by choosing from the three options below
2. Enter the size of your bathroom
3. Enter the scope of work by choosing any of these three options:
- Cosmetic changes
- Typical Renovation
- Down to the studs
4. Enter the finish level you’d like for your bathroom
- Budget friendly
5. Enter the address and confirm the house details to calculate the recoup value
(You can rest assured, we do not share this information. It just helps us give you a better cost estimate because labor and material prices vary widely by geography.)
And there you go! An estimate for your bathroom renovation cost and recoup is ready
With this free estimate, you can analyze your finance options or hire a professional to get started on the work right away. You can explore each contractor's profile, check out their online reviews and view all their previous permits.
The best way to remodel your bathroom? Always plan ahead
It’s very important that you plan your bathroom remodel well in advance. Here are some tips to make the process easy and quick:
- Plan your bathroom layout
- Design your bathroom in such a way that it’s well-ventilated and well-lit.
- Choose materials such as tiles, sanitaryware, etc. that will your style and offer convenience. Do not skimp on brassware.
- Set a realistic home remodeling budget. Know how much to remodel a bathroom is enough. Always include leeway for some surprise costs – experts advise adding 20% extra to your existing budget.
- Check your local building code for permit requirements.
- Work with expert bathroom contractors. A professional finish goes a long way in adding to the beauty and value of your home.
- Hire an electrician early on to take care of your bathroom rewiring, lighting and/or heating.
- Think about waterproofing your bathroom walls and shower enclosure with tile backer boards.
- Make sure the pro you hire conceals all pipework.
- Get a warranty or guarantee and a written contract from your contractor. The document should detail the complete schedule, deadlines for milestones and payment information.
- Maintain a timeline in order to manage a seamless job. If you want non-hurried remodel work, try to avoid the busy spring and summer seasons.
These steps will help you avoid unexpected hassles and issues and make your bathroom remodeling project go smoothly. And, you will have a good idea as to how much does it cost to remodel a bathroom. Happy Renovating!