How does Kukun’s bedroom remodel cost estimator help you?
Getting an estimate through Kukun’s bedroom remodel cost estimator is easy. Just follow the steps below to get your personalized total remodel cost in minutes!
1. Select the type of remodel you would like to do for your bedroom by choosing from the three options below
2. Enter the size of your bedroom
3. Enter the scope of work by choosing any of these options:
- Cosmetic changes
- Typical Renovation
- Down to the studs
4. Enter the finish level you’d like for your bedroom
- Budget friendly
5. Enter the address and confirm the house details to calculate the recoup value
(You can rest assured, we do not share this information. It just helps us give you a better cost estimate because labor and material prices vary widely by geography.)
And there you go! An estimate for your bedroom remodel cost and recoup is ready!
With this free estimate, you can analyze your finance options or hire a professional to get started on the work right away. You can explore each contractor's profile, check out their online reviews and view all their previous permit details.
How to remodel your bedroom?
Even though the professional bedroom contractors you hire will do most of the work for you, it’s always a good idea to know about some basic steps involved in a bedroom remodel. If you’re an enthusiastic homeowner, you’ll think of it as a rite of passage to help you understand the renovation process inside out.
Bedroom remodeling steps:
- 1. Make a plan. Remodeling a room requires good planning. It helps you to be better prepared for sudden surprises along the way.
- 2. Take a good look at the problem areas in the room and what needs to be changed. This includes existing woodwork, windows frames, flooring and general condition of the space.
- 3. Set a bedroom remodeling budget. Organise the materials you need to buy and how much money you can spend. Be realistic about what you cannot afford.
- 4. Prioritise the work by its urgency. For example, if you want to change your room’s flooring as well as its pipework or insulation, it’s a good idea to start at the bottom and work your way up to the surface.
- 5. Consider hiring a licensed, insured contractor. Keep in mind that areas such as electrical wiring and plumbing require the knowledge and experience of experts.
- 6. Go ahead with the demolition and construction. Make sure you complete the structural work before any demolition begins. This could involve stripping down walls or old floors.
- 7. Ensure that you adhere to the current Building Regulations. Especially if your construction includes any extensions or major upgrades.
- 8. Install new flooring. Whether you’re using wooden flooring or tiles, it’s best to lay it down from one edge of the room to the other.
- 9. Paint the bedroom walls. Make sure the walls are clean and dust-free to guarantee a good finish on the walls and trim.
- 10. Add the décor pieces and any soft floor coverings such as wall-to-wall carpeting or vinyl.
- 11. Bring in the furniture. Once the living space is ready for use, you can move the furniture into the room.
- 12. Give the room a thorough check to see if anything still needs to be altered or fixed. If you see a problem, you may ask the hired contractor to repair anything that happened as a result of their work.
Bedroom remodel on a budget
Fortunately, a bedroom makeover is one of the most affordable home projects. For those who’re on a tight budget, sometimes a deep clean and a little surface work is all that's needed. You don’t have to install new windows or remove any structural parts to give your bedroom a new look.
These could include:
- 1. Organizing the existing space and getting rid of unnecessary clutter.
- 2. Painting the bedroom walls.
- 3. Getting suitable window treatment such as window curtains, blinds, and shades.
- 4. Installing ample lighting.
- 5. Buying inexpensive yet classy decor items.
- 6. Getting quality, comfortable linen.
- 7. Investing in good bedroom furniture.
The best way to remodel your bedroom? Always plan ahead
It’s very important that you plan your bedroom remodel well in advance. Here are some tips to make the process easy and quick:
- Organize your renovation with thorough research.
- Set a realistic home remodeling budget. Always include leeway for some surprise costs. According to experts, you should add 20% extra to your existing budget.
- Though you can renovate or add a bedroom anytime of the year, it’s economically more viable to avoid the spring and summer rush.
- Check your local building code for permit requirements as well as building inspections. Generally, any home addition will require a construction permit.
- Work with expert bedroom contractors you can trust. A professional finish goes a long way in adding to the beauty and value of your home.
- Make sure the contractor you hire measures the room at least twice to avoid incorrect installations.
- Choose quality materials for your flooring (for instance, hardwood vs carpeting), lighting and other features.
- Select convenient, correctly sized bedroom furniture and fitments.
- Monitor the entire process.
- Get a written contract from your contractor with a warranty or guarantee, details of the complete schedule, deadlines for milestones and the payment process.
- Maintain a timeline in order to manage a seamless job.
These steps will help you avoid unexpected hassles and issues and make your bedroom remodeling project run smoothly.