A dining room renovation can be a minor or major project, depending on the size of the space and your requirements. The remodeled area should be an ideal combination of functionality and aesthetics.
The goal is to create a room that can act as an inviting space for your guests and withstand the wear and tear of everyday use. A well-planned dining room significantly increases the value of your property – especially for potential home buyers.
Once you make the commitment to remodel your dining room, you need to know how much of an investment you require for this home renovation.
An estimate helps you organize your home improvement project and effectively manage milestones and costs.
Acquiring a free estimate for your dining room remodel cost will help you create a realistic budget and get quality work at a fair price. It’s also the best way to ensure that you don’t stumble across any unwelcome surprises during the execution of your project.
How does Kukun’s dining room remodel cost estimator help you?
Getting an estimate through Kukun’s dining room remodel cost estimator is easy. Just follow the steps below to get your custom, personalized total cost in minutes!
1. Enter type of remodeling from the three options below:
Adding new square footage to the house. If your remodel requires any new foundation, this is your go-to option.
Remodeling the dining room without any change to the walls
Expanding the existing area by moving walls within or outside the perimeter of the house. This option might require the addition of a new foundation as well.
2. Choose the size of your property from the options below:
- Small: 100 sq.ft
- Medium: 196 sq.ft
- Large: 288 sq.ft
- Custom: Add measurements according to your specifications
3. Enter scope of renovation from these options:
- Cosmetic Changes:
Ideal if you’re selling your home.
- Typical Renovation:
Ideal if you’re just changing the interiors.
- Down to the Studs:
Ideal if you’re stripping walls or changing plumbing or electrical work.
4. Choose the level of finish you want from the three options below:
Budget friendly is an economical finish level and gives you the feeling you get when you step into a newly built home.
Mid range finish level is higher end and includes higher quality materials and more personalized options like recessed lighting, higher end appliances, etc.
Materials are high end and customized to the owner's taste. Every material will be differentiated and may take a little longer to put together, but the finished product is amazing.
5. Enter your property details
Enter the full address to get ROI /recoup value of your house or just give zipcode to get just the renovation cost estimate.
And there you go! An estimate for your dining room remodeling cost is ready!
With this estimate, you can analyze your finance options or hire a professional to get started on the work right away.
We are happy to offer you options for professional remodeling contractors who have worked in your neighborhood and who have been vetted by your neighbors.
You can explore each contractor's profile, check out their online reviews, view all their previous permits, and then ask around your vicinity about whether you should hire them or not.
The best way to remodel a dining room? Always plan ahead
Dining rooms require comparatively less items than kitchen remodels or a full bathroom remodeling project. The major components include lighting, wood or carpet flooring, windows and window treatments, furniture, and doorways.
Having said that, you need to do your homework with research, forethought, knowledge and information. That way, you won’t keep anything pending after the project starts. Here are a few steps you must take:
- Determine a budget and timeline in order to manage your dining room remodeling seamlessly.
- Be prepared for some surprise costs. Your home remodeling budget – no matter how foolproof it seems – should always include leeway (at least 20% extra) for these surprise costs.
- Although a dining room remodel can be done year-round, you can find contractors more easily during the slow winter season.
- Hire a contractor who has expertise in dining room remodeling. A professional will ensure that the remodeling is up to code.
- A dining room remodeling usually requires a permit. Check your local building code before beginning this home improvement.
- Finalize the types of materials required. For example, if you wish to go for cost-effective lighting, you can opt for track lighting instead of recessed lighting.
- Choose the right flooring. You can opt for laminate flooring instead of solid hardwood flooring if you feel it better suits the style of your house and your budget.
- Keep tabs on the shipment and delivery of materials.
- Get a written contract from your contractor. The document should detail the complete schedule, deadlines for milestones and payment procedure.
- Be sure to get a warranty or guarantee from your contractor.
A beautiful dining room is an important consideration for potential home buyers. It will help you get the best price possible if you are selling your house in the future. So take your dining room remodeling seriously!