Keep in mind that these costs are highly dependent on where you live and the types of products you choose. Moreover, each item will also come with its own labor and installation costs.
When it comes to the bathroom floor, the national average for installing a floor in a master bathroom is $800 to $7,000. The type of material you choose has a huge impact on your total bathroom remodel cost.
You have several options to choose from. These include tile, vinyl and linoleum. You can even opt for a carpet as a flooring option for extra luxury! Installing heated floors is another extravagance that a lot of homeowners go for.
When deciding on the bathroom flooring, give a thought to its maintenance and cleaning requirements.
Never overlook your plumbing and the correct installation of plumbing fixtures (sink, toilet, tub and shower), pipes and drainage.
Needless to say, the total plumbing cost depends on the number of drains and inlets in your master bathroom. The average cost of plumbing is around $1,000, depending on the length and material of pipes, and the labor costs
A functional bathroom needs adequate light fixtures and power outlets. Any kind of electrical work for this wet area must be installed in strict accordance with the wet location laws of your city. Be sure that the outlets you choose are ground-fault indicator circuit (GFCI) standard outlets.
When it comes to the total electrical cost, you can expect to pay between $100 and $4,000.
A master bathroom renovation budget is incomplete without factoring in the required permits. If you are contracting out the work, make sure that the required permits are included in the contractor bids.
If you’re attempting a DIY project, you can pay the permit fees yourself. A permit costs anywhere between $100 and $3,000
Once you’ve chosen your basic fixtures, the next step is to factor in the additional fitments and decor options. You can enhance the overall aesthetic of your master bathroom with the right paint colors, lighting, storage and other design details. All of these will add to the total cost.
Why should you estimate the cost of your master bathroom remodeling project?
Who doesn’t love a deluxe master bathroom? Whether that includes a pedestal tub for long soaks, heated floors for those chilly mornings or well-organized makeup drawers, the right design and decor ideas can make our lives easier.
After all, we spend a lot of time in our bathrooms and want the space to be functional, restful and luxurious. Keep in mind that a well-installed, beautiful bathroom improves the look, value and comfort factor of your property.
With proper research and some forethought, you can not only save money but also get your dream master bathroom with ease.
What’s more, when you’re ready to resell your home to potential buyers, they’ll love that you implemented some extraordinary bathroom remodel ideas.
Once you make the commitment to remodel your master bathroom, you need to know how much of an investment you require for this home renovation.
An estimate helps you organize your home improvement project and effectively manage milestones and costs.
Acquiring a free estimate for your master bathroom remodel will help you create a realistic budget – getting you quality work at a fair price. It’s also the best way to ensure that you don’t stumble across any unwelcome surprises during the execution of your project.
How does Kukun’s master bathroom remodel cost estimator help you?
Getting an estimate through Kukun’s master bathroom remodel cost estimator is simple. Just follow the steps below to get your personalized total remodel cost in minutes!
1. Select the type of remodel for your master bathroom by choosing any of these options:
2. Enter the size of your master bathroom
3. Enter the scope of work by choosing any of these three options:
- Cosmetic changes
- Typical Renovation
- Down to the studs
4. Enter the finish level you’d like for your master bathroom
- Budget friendly
5. Enter your property details
Enter the full address to get your return on investment (ROI)/recoup value of your house or just your zip code to get the renovation cost estimate.
And there you go – an estimate for your master bathroom remodel cost and ROI is ready!
With this free estimate, you can analyze your finance options or hire a professional to get started on the work right away. You can explore each contractor's profile, check out their online reviews and view all their previous permits.
The best way to remodel your bathroom? Always plan ahead
It’s very important that you plan your master bathroom remodel well in advance. Here are some tips to make the process easy and quick:
- Plan out your master bathroom layout.
- Double check your design plans with a professional general contractor.
- Ensure that the plumbing and drainage is adequate and set up correctly.
- Design your bathroom in such a way that it’s well ventilated and well lit.
- Choose quality materials for your tiles, fixtures, and fittings.
- Decide early on whether you want a standalone tub, a walk-in shower, or a combination.
- Hire an electrician early in the process to take care of your bathroom rewiring, lighting and/or heating.
- Choose the most convenient toilet bowl height. This is particularly important for people with disabilities or those who have trouble sitting or standing from the toilet seat.
- Ensure that your toilet adheres to the standards of flush rates and energy-efficiency.
- Set a realistic home remodeling budget. Always include leeway for some surprise costs – experts advise adding 20% extra to your existing budget.
- Check your local building code for permit requirements.
- Ensure that you hire contractors who are experts in plumbing, electrical work, drainage and flooring.
- Note that a professional finish goes a long way in adding to the beauty and value of your home.
- Think about waterproofing your bathroom walls and shower enclosure with tile backer boards.
- Make sure that the pro you hire conceals all pipework.
- Get a warranty or guarantee and a written contract from your contractor. The document should detail the complete schedule, deadlines for milestones and payment information.
- Maintain a timeline in order to manage a seamless job. If you want non-hurried remodel work, try to avoid the busy spring and summer seasons.
These steps will help you avoid unexpected hassles and issues, and make your master bathroom remodeling project go smoothly.
Cost vs Value
Find the recoup/ ROI of your master bathoom remodeling project in your zipcode Find ROI