An entry door is used to enter the house, and can be placed on the front, back or
side of the house. Apart from letting people enter a home, it creates the first impression of the house
and its inhabitants. A well-installed door easily becomes the focal point of the exterior of a home,
making a beautiful statement.
A new front door is one of the most satisfying ways to give your home a remodeled
look; it instantly modernizes your house’s facade and lends a polished look without a massive time or
Once you make the commitment to build a stylish front door, you need to know how
much of an investment you need for this home renovation.
An estimate helps you organize the home improvement project and effectively manage
milestones and costs.
Acquiring a free estimate for your entry door installation will help you create a
realistic budget and get you quality work at a fair price. It’s also the best way to ensure that you
don’t stumble across any unwelcome surprises during the execution of your project.
A carefully planned remodeling project can greatly increase the value of your
property in the home buyers’ market.
The ROI on your home sale can be up to 70% of your total investment as long as you
do the right groundwork – and use the right methods and materials.
How does Kukun’s entry door installation cost estimator
Getting an estimate through Kukun’s entry door installation cost estimator is easy.
Just follow the steps below to get your custom, personalized total cost in minutes!
1. Enter the number of doors you want to remodel
2. Enter scope of renovation from the two options below:
New Entry Door: This project includes the labor and materials needed to install an
insulated steel entry door.
Door with Sidelight: This project involves installing a stained wood or stainable
fiberglass insulated entry door, with a window on one side. This cost to install a front door with a
sidelight includes the price of labor and materials.
3. Enter your property details
Enter the full address to get ROI /recoup value of your house or just
give zipcode to get just the renovation cost estimate.
And there you go! An estimate for your front door installation cost is ready!
With this estimate, you can analyze your finance options or hire a professional to get
started on the work right away.
We are happy to offer you options for professional remodeling contractors who have
worked in your neighborhood and who have been vetted by your neighbors and your city. You can explore
each contractor's profile, check out their online reviews, view all their previous permits, and then ask
around in your area about whether you should hire them.
The best way to install an entry door? Always plan ahead
It’s very important that you plan your entry door installation well in advance.
Here are some tips to make the process easy and quick:
- Set a realistic home remodeling budget. Always include leeway for some
surprise costs. Experts advise adding 20% extra to your existing budget.
- Check your local building code for any permit requirements. If your entry door
installation affects the structural integrity of your house, your local codes will probably require
a permit and that you work with a contractor.
- Work with expert door contractors. A professional finish goes a long way in
adding beauty and curb value to your home.
- Remember to install or replace your entry door in good weather. As the old
door is removed, there’ll be a time when the opening is exposed to the elements. Until the new door
is in place, you don’t want to be inconvenienced.
- Measure your door size accurately before browsing through all the available
- Decide whether you want a slab door or a pre-hung door (which includes both
the door and the door frame).
- Understand the types, materials, and pros and cons of the doors you are
- Know that you have the option of choosing single door, double doors, doors
with sidelights or transoms, etc..
- Decide early on whether you want extra security (chain lock or a stopper) if
your door swings inward.
- Be sure to get a warranty or guarantee from your contractor.
- Get a written contract from your contractor. The document should detail the
complete schedule, deadlines for milestones and payment process.
- Maintain a timeline in order to manage a seamless door installation.
These steps will help you avoid unexpected hassles and issues and make your front
door installation project go much more smoothly.