Why should you estimate the cost of adding a media room?
A media room or a home theater room (aka cinema room or mini movie theater) is that space in your house that gives you an amazing theatrical experience with installed audio and video equipment. It’s a room dedicated to enjoying movies, television, sports and gaming.
With a large flat screen TV, awesome surround sound system and comfortable seating arrangement, it serves as the perfect place for many of your social gatherings.
Keep in mind that the better the design and components of your theater, the more likely it is to increase the value of your home. A great-looking media room greatly increases the ROI value of your house in the real-estate market.
Therefore, overall, it is a good decision to think about adding or renovating a home theater or a media room in your home.
Once you make the commitment to add or remodel your home theater, you need to know how much of an investment you require for this kind of home improvement.
An estimate helps you organize your remodeling project and effectively manage milestones and costs.
Acquiring a free estimate for your renovation helps you create a realistic budget – getting you quality work at a fair price. It’s also the best way to ensure that you don’t stumble across any unwelcome surprises during the execution of your project.
How does Kukun’s media room remodel cost estimator help you?
Getting an estimate through Kukun’s media room cost estimator is easy. Just follow the steps below to get your personalized total remodel cost in minutes!
1. Select the type of remodel you would like by choosing from the three options below:
2. Enter the size of your media room/ home theater
3. Enter the scope of work by choosing one of these three options:
- Cosmetic Changes
- Typical Renovation
- Down to the Studs
4. Enter the finish level you’d like for your media room:
5. Enter your property details
Enter the full address to get the ROI/recoup value of your house or just your zipcode to get the renovation cost estimate.
And there you go – an estimate for your media room remodeling project is ready.
With this estimate, you can analyze your finance options or hire a professional to get started on the work right away.
Wait, there’s more. We even offer you options for professional remodeling contractors near you. You can conveniently explore each contractor's profile, check out their online reviews, and view all their previous permits and type of work before hiring them.
The best way to add or remodel a media room? Always plan ahead
It’s very important that you plan your home theater remodel well in advance. Here are some tips to make the process easy and quick:
- Organize your media room renovation with thorough research in terms of the latest technological advancements both in visual and sound quality.
- Set a realistic home remodeling budget. Always include leeway for some surprise costs. According to experts, you should add 20% extra to your existing price range
- Though you can renovate or add a home theater anytime of the year, it’s economically more viable to avoid the spring and summer rush.
- Check your local building code for permit requirements as well as building inspections. Generally, any type of home addition will require a construction permit.
- Make sure the contractor you hire measures the room at least twice to avoid incorrect installations.
- Choose quality materials for your sound system.
- Choose a good visual spot for your screen.
- Get a soundbar if you have a smallish space.
- Plan some additional space for the vibrations from the woofer system, etc.
- Think about wall-mounting your speakers for better impact.
- Make sure that the lighting is proper and prevents any glare.
- Work only with expert contractors who you trust. A professional finish goes a long way in adding to the beauty and value of your home.
- Get a written contract from your contractor with a warranty or guarantee, details of the complete schedule, deadlines for milestones and the payment process.
- Maintain a timeline in order to manage a seamless job.
These steps will help you avoid unexpected hassles and issues and make your media room remodeling project run smoothly