Once you make the commitment to install recessed lighting, you need to know how much of an investment you require to make for this home improvement.
If done properly, recessed lighting installation will enhance the value of your most important investment: your home.
The ROI on your home sale can be up to 70% of your total investment if you do the right groundwork and use the right methods and materials.
Acquiring a free estimate for your recessed light installation cost will help you create a realistic budget and get you quality work at a fair price. It’s also the best way to ensure that you don’t stumble across any unwelcome surprises during the execution of your project.
How does Kukun’s recessed lighting installation cost estimator help you?
Getting an estimate through Kukun’s recessed lighting installation cost estimator is easy. Just follow the steps below to get your custom, personalized total cost in minutes!
1. Enter the number of recessed lights you plan to install
2. Enter the scope of the project from the two options below:
- Incandescent: This includes the labor and material necessary to install one six-inch can light. Note that it does not include a light switch.
- LED: This includes the labor and materials needed to install one high-efficiency LED six-inch can light. Note that it does not include a light switch.
3. Enter your property details
Enter the full address to get ROI /recoup value of your house or just give zipcode to get just the renovation cost estimate.
And there you go! An estimate for your recessed lighting installation is ready!
With this estimate, you can analyze your financing options or hire a professional to get started on the work right away.
We also offer you options for professional remodeling contractors who have worked in your neighborhood and who have been vetted by your neighbors.
We are happy to make the process as convenient for you as possible. You can even explore the contractor's profile, check out their online reviews, and view all their previous permits. You can then ask around your vicinity about whether you should hire them.
The best way to install recessed lighting? Always plan ahead
Do not let your recessed lighting installation overwhelm you. Follow these steps to make your light installation go faster and smoother.
The results will be for all to see. You’ll get attractive recessed lights that provide steady, dependable light for your home. So let’s begin:
- Set a realistic budget for this home remodeling project.
- Always include leeway for some surprise costs. Experts advise allocating 20% of your budget for such unexpected costs.
- Hire a remodeling expert. A professional will ensure that all permits and inspections are up to date.
- Double check your local building code for all permit requirements.
- Plan the location and number of lighting fixtures.
- Keep in mind that recessed lights are ideal for task areas. You can use these concentrated lights over counters, inside closets and above work surfaces.
- Consider adding extra emphasis with recessed spotlights. This kind of light will add sparkle to any crystal or chandelier you have in the room – increasing overall brightness.
- Consider using additional sources of light as well, including wall sconces and floor lamps.
- Seriously consider buying dimmer switches for your recessed lights to suit every mood and occasion.
- Opt for directional recessed lighting. These are ideal for brightening the walls of a narrow hallway – making it appear bigger.
- Do not forget the outside areas of your home.
- Keep track of all inventories and materials being used.
- If you’re on a tight budget or timeline, plan your remodeling project for the winter season to avoid the spring and fall rushes.
- Get a written contract from your contractor detailing the complete schedule along with a guarantee.
- Discuss and mutually agree on the payment schedule.
These steps will help you seamlessly manage your home renovation project. With proper planning, you can help avoid unexpected hassles and issues. Keep in mind that beautiful and functional recessed lights are an important consideration for potential home buyers.