A family room is really an all-in-one room, where you can entertain guests, watch TV, play games or get together for any activity.
Once you make the commitment to build or renovate a family room, perhaps due to the demands of an expanding family, you need to know how much of an investment you need for this home improvement.
An estimate helps you organize your home improvement project and effectively manage milestones and costs.
Acquiring a free estimate for your family room remodel cost will help you create a realistic budget and get you quality work at a fair price. It’s also the best way to ensure that you don’t stumble across any unwelcome surprises during the execution of your project.
If done properly, a family room remodel or addition will enhance the value of your most important investment: your home.
Did you know, the ROI on your home sale can be up to 70% of your total investment? Of course, you need to do the right groundwork, and use the right methods and materials.
How does Kukun’s family room remodel cost estimator help you?
Getting an estimate through Kukun’s family room remodel cost estimator is easy. Just follow the steps below to get your custom, personalized total cost in minutes!
1. Enter the type of remodeling you want from the options below:
Adding new square footage to the house. This option requires new foundation. You can choose to add square feet to a single-story home OR to the second story.
Remodeling the family room without any change to the walls.
Expanding the existing area by moving walls within or outside the perimeter of the house. This option might require the addition of new foundation as well.
2. Enter the size of your existing family room
3. Enter the scope of your project by choosing one of these options:
- Cosmetic changes
- Typical Renovation
- Down to the studs
4. Enter the finish level you’d like for your family room
- Budget friendly
5. Enter your property details
Enter the full address to get the ROI/recoup value of your house or just your zipcode to get the renovation cost estimate along.
And there you go! An estimate for your family room addition or remodel is ready!
With this estimate, you can analyze your finance options or hire a professional to get started on the work right away.
We are happy to offer you options for professional remodeling contractors who have worked in your neighborhood and who have been vetted by your neighbors and your city.
You can explore the contractor's profile, check out their online reviews and view all their previous permits. You can then ask around your vicinity about whether you should hire them.
The best way to carry out a family room addition or renovation? Always plan ahead
It’s very important that you plan your family room addition or renovation well in advance. Here are some tips to make the process easy, hassle-free and quick:
- Set a budget for your home remodeling project.
- Always include leeway for some surprise costs. Experts advise allocating 20% of your budget for such unexpected costs.
- Stick to your budget and maintain a timeline.
- Plan ahead and don't keep anything pending after your project starts.
- Plan the location of your family room. It’s usually next to the kitchen or dining room.
- Keep an eye on all aspects of your family room remodel, including construction, plumbing, electrical and lighting.
- Make sure that your family room design is functional and convenient as well as aesthetically pleasing.
- Keep track of all inventories and materials being used.
- If you’re on a tight budget, plan your family room remodeling project for the winter season.
- Get a written contract from your contractor detailing the complete schedule along with deadlines for milestones. Also get a written guarantee.
- Discuss and mutually agree on the payment schedule.
- Hire a remodeling expert. A professional will ensure that all permits and inspections are up to date.
- Double check your local building code for all permit requirements.
- Note that great-looking family rooms are an important consideration for potential home buyers.
- Keep in mind that a professional finish will help you get the best price possible for your home.
With proper planning, you can help avoid unexpected hassles and issues. These steps will help you manage your home renovation project seamlessly. Happy renovating!