The cost of painting your master bedroom depends on the square footage plus the
finish you choose. The price generally ranges from $30 to $40 for every gallon used.
Furniture and fitments
Here’s a list of some essential items and their average cost:
- Queen bed frame: $350 to $500
- Memory foam mattress: $1,500 to $2,000
- Wardrobe: $150 to $600
- Bedside tables: $350 for a pair
- Dresser: $500 to $600
- Bookcase: Starts at $150
- Lamps: $150 for a pair
- Ceiling lights: $250
Adding or renovating a master bedroom usually requires a minimum of 15 hours of
work. A contractor will charge you around $100 per hour. Therefore, you can expect to pay between
$1,500 to $2,000 for the entire project. If you hire additional services such as an interior
designer, decorator or structural engineer, your total labor cost will increase accordingly.
Why should you estimate the cost of
your master bedroom?
A master bedroom is more than just a room to sleep in. More often than
not, homeowners want to create a luxurious space where they can get away from the hustle and bustle of
If you feel that your existing master bedroom lacks features that could
add to your convenience or is beginning to look jaded, a remodel is surely on your to-do list. Quite
frankly, who doesn’t want to transform an outdated bedroom into a stylish sleeping paradise? A revamped
or remodeled master bedroom holds immense value in any potential home buyer’s market.
Once you decide to remodel your bedroom, you need to know how much of
an investment you require for this home renovation.
An estimate helps you organize your home improvement project and
effectively manage milestones and costs.
Acquiring a free estimate for your master bedroom remodeling will help
you create a realistic budget – getting you quality work at a fair price. It’s also the best way to
ensure that you don’t stumble across any unwelcome surprises during the execution of your project.
How does Kukun’s master bedroom remodel cost estimator help you?
Getting an estimate through Kukun’s master bedroom remodel cost
estimator is easy. Just follow the steps below to get your personalized total remodel cost in minutes!
1. Select the type of remodel you would like for your master bedroom by
choosing from the three options below:
2. Enter the size of your master bedroom
3. Enter the scope of work by choosing any of these three options:
- Cosmetic changes
- Typical Renovation
- Down to the studs
4. Enter the finish level you’d like for your bedroom
- Budget friendly
5. Enter your property details
Enter the full address to get the return on investment (ROI)/recoup
value of your house or just your zip code to get the renovation cost estimate. (You can rest assured, we
do not share this information. It just helps us give you a better cost estimate because labor and
material prices vary widely by geography.)
And there you go – an estimate for your master bedroom remodel cost and
ROI is ready!
With this free estimate, you can analyze your finance options or hire a professional to get
started on the work right away. You can explore each contractor's profile, check out their online
reviews and view all their previous permit details.
The best way to remodel your master bedroom? Always plan
It’s very important that you plan your master bedroom remodel well in
advance. Here are some tips to make the process easy and quick:
- Organize your bedroom renovation with thorough research.
- Set a realistic home remodeling budget. Always include leeway for
some surprise costs. According to experts, you should add 20% extra to your existing budget.
- Check your local building code for permit requirements as well as
building inspections. Generally, any home addition will require a construction permit.
- Work with expert bedroom contractors you can trust. A professional
finish goes a long way in adding to the beauty and value of your home
- Keep your bedroom layout in mind before adding or installing
fixtures. A finished master bedroom should never look cluttered.
- Although a flooring professional will take the exact measurements
of your room, you must have an idea of the size of your room.
- Make sure the remodeling contractor you hire measures the room at
least twice to avoid incorrect installations.
- Choose quality materials for your flooring, lighting and other
- Factor in an extra 10% to your renovation estimate to account for
any room irregularities or issues with the cost of materials.
- Opt for hardwood or carpeting to suit your requirements and
- Before laying your new floor, be sure to vacuum the room to remove
any dust particles in the area.
- Select convenient, correctly sized bedroom furniture and fitments.
- Get a written contract from your contractor with a warranty or
guarantee, details of the complete schedule, deadlines for milestones and the payment process.
- Maintain a timeline in order to manage a seamless job.
- Though you can renovate your master bedroom anytime of the year,
it’s more economical to avoid the spring and summer rush.
These steps will help you avoid unexpected hassles and issues, and make
your master bedroom remodeling project run smoothly.